top of page
7 strana.jpg

Bus museums

Keighley Bus Museum

Keighley Bus Museum Trust was established in 1992 and is a registered charity and limited company. She has set herself the goal of creating a permanent public road passenger transport museum in the Keighley area and everything we do is aimed at providing a permanent home for the museum's collection of vehicles that we own. 


Visit us


Keighley Bus Museum Trust
Unit 5
River Technology Park
Dalton Lane
BD21 4JP 


Opening hours

+44  7465 897497

The museum is closed from Monday to Friday, however a tour may be possible mid-week, but please make an appointment by phone. Volunteers are on site most weekends usually until 3pm, but again please phone to confirm.

The museum organizers organize three open days a year during which they run free bus rides. Opening times, dates and entry fees are published on our events page.


Brooklands Museum

Brooklands Museum is a motoring and aviation museum based on part of the former Brooklands Racecourse in Weybridge, Surrey, England. It was the first specialized racing circuit. Remains of its bent curves have been preserved here. The museum is designed as a general transport museum and the bus collection was moved here from the original bus museum in Cobham. It became an important part of the museum's very diverse collections. In addition to buses, they also show the development of aviation, motorcycles, cars and racing cars. 

Scottich Bus museum.jpg

Scottish Vintage Bus Museum

The Scottish Vintage Bus Museum is a transport museum in Lathalmond, 2.5 miles north of Dunfermline, Fife. The museum is open every Sunday between April and the start of October.
The museum was established in 1986 in Whitburn, West Lothian, before moving to its current location at Lathalmond, formerly part of the Royal Navy Stores Depot, in 1995.The museum owns half of the site at Lathalmond which is around 45 acres.
There are around 160 buses, the majority of which date from the 1920s and 1930s. The collection also includes around 30 other vehicles. These vehicles include a small railway collection which is on loan to the museum from the Scottish Railway Preservation Society, a collection of classic cars and lorries, a restored steam roller and a restored horse tram.

Scottich Bus museum7
Scottich Bus museum5
Scottich Bus museum3
Scottich Bus museum4
Scottich Bus museum1
Scottich Bus museum2

North West Museum of Road Transport

The North West Museum of Road Transport (formerly St. Helens Transport Museum or St. Helens Bus Museum) is located at the old St. Helens Corporation Transport bus depot in Hall Street, St Helens, Merseyside, England.

The collection of vehicles at the museum includes many examples of buses from local municipal bus companies, including St Helens, Liverpool, Southport, Widnes, Warrington and Chester, as well as vehicles from the former Merseyside Passenger Transport Executive. Whilst the majority of vehicles on display are buses, there are also classic cars, trucks and fire engines.

A substantial new attraction, The Museum of Fare Collection (the only specialist ticketing museum, archive and workshop in the country) commenced during 2009 and shows a worldwide collection of over 1050 ticket machines dating from as early as 1886. Visitors are invited to try these out under supervision.

A new Lecture Theatre and Events Venue opened in 2010 with specialist subject lecturers. A Visiting Speaker service is available. Free rides on vintage buses usually operate on 1st Sunday in month.

Reopened in September 2006 after a £1 million restoration of the old tram, trolleybus, and bus depot, which dates back to 1881, at which time it included stables for horse-drawn trams.


Visit us



The Old Bus Depot,
Hall Street,
St Helens, Merseyside

WA10 1DU

 +44-01744 451681

South Yorkshire Transport Museum2.jpg

South Yorkshire Transport Museum

SYTM started in the 1960's with private collections by Keith Beeden and other collectors. The group purchased a 1946 Leyland PD1 double deck bus that became nucleus of the Sheffield Omnibus Enthusiasts Society.
The SBPC soon became the South Yorkshire Transport Collection, with the aim of formulating a transport collection, on a museum site. When their current storage site became unavailable, the collection was scattered to Sandtoft, Haxey, County Durham and Merseyside. The Sheffield City Councilthen provided a site at the Kelham Island Industrial Museum.
After 10 months, the museum was forced to moved again. In 1985, the museum was then transferred to a new site at Newton Chambers, in 1985. However, this soon proved to be unacceptable also.
In 1987, The Sheffield Bus Museum Trust opened the Transport Museum at the Tinsley Tram Sheds with the aim of building a bus collection, Built in 1873-4 for the Sheffield Tramways Company and taken over by Sheffield Corporation in 1896m the tram sheds were extended in 1900
The museum collected buses from the Sheffield, Rotherham and North East Derbyshire operators, including a double deck trolleybus. The vehicles were kept on an open site in Heeley. In order to formalise the vehicle collection policy, the Sheffield Bus Preservation Circle was inaugurated.
The five Trustees of the Sheffield Bus Museum Trust (a charity) were also Guarantors of the lease and later Directors of SBMT Ltd (a company limited by guarantee). They bore personal financial liability for the rent payable to the Landlord: a responsibility that weighed heavily upon them. Without these men (Keith Beeden, Mike Greenwood, David Roberts, David Tummon and Eric Wilson) all the positive developments that have led to the present situation could not have taken place. (Ed.)
Over the years, the museum facility faced chronic flooding problems and a gradual deterioration of the main structure and roof assembly The lease conditions did not permit an early release from the contract, so that little could be done to move away. Storm damage and the theft of lead from the roof in 2006 made the premises unfit for purpose.
On Easter 2007, when the new premises were opened to the general public.

South Yorkshire Transport Museum4
South Yorkshire Transport Museum5
South Yorkshire Transport Museum6
South Yorkshire Transport Museum1
South Yorkshire Transport Museum
South Yorkshire Transport Museum3

Visit us



South Yorkshire Transport Museum

Unit 9

Waddington Way


S65 3SH

07828 068484

Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum3.jpeg
Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum

The Museum has a display of around 20 historic vehicles, transport artefacts, displays, photographs, a tea bar and a shop.

The Isle of Wight Bus & Coach Museum was established in 1997 when a group of enthusiasts, most of whom owned or part-owned a vintage bus or coach, needed collectively to provide for secure undercover accommodation for their vehicles. Initially occupying two IoW Council buildings on Newport Quay, these founder members leased one of the buildings, a former grain store, and established the original Museum which was
open to the public during summer months. The Museum’s collection of vehicles and associated artefacts grew into an impressive display of the Island’s transport heritage.

The Museum collection expanded over the years and outgrew its original Newport Quay home. The need to establish a permanent and secure base was satisfied in 2014 with the purchase of the former Southern Vectis depot, located on Park Road in Ryde.

The move to the Ryde Depot
The building itself is of particular interest, being one of only two former bus garages now surviving on the Island. Built in 1937-8 on Southern Railway land, it is typical of a bus garage of the Tilling era to the design of their architect H.J. Starkey. Many such buildings were constructed but few now survive, following ownership changes in the bus industry.

Whilst not strictly “Art Deco,” Ryde Depot is absolutely original in every respect, being designed as a bus garage and used as such until 2011.

Considerable work was required to adapt the former depot to the role of a Museum for opening to the public at the start of the 2015 season. After further major work, both internally and to the façade adjoining Park Road, the premises were officially opened in October 2016 by the Mayor of Ryde, Councillor Henry Adams.

The Park Road site houses and displays many of the Museum’s collection of buses and coaches which once ran on the Island. Static and operational vehicle exhibits range from an 1880s Stage Coach named “Civility” and a 1934 Dennis Ace through numerous buses and coaches to the youngest acquisition, a 2002 Dennis Dart. Displays include examples of vehicles under restoration, many items of memorabilia, and a vast collection of photographs reflecting the heyday of the Island as a holiday destination.

The Museum is run by an enthusiastic group of unpaid volunteers and new members are always welcome: please enquire at the “Just the Ticket” shop for further details.

Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum4
Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum1
Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum
Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum2
Isle of Wight Bus and Coach Museum3

Visit us






PO33 2BE


01983 567796

Jurby Transport Museum.jpg

Jurby Transport Museum

The Jurby Transport Museum (Manx: Thie Tashtee Arraghey Yurby) is a transport museum in Jurby on the Isle of Man occupying a former aircraft hangar.
The museum is operated by a group of volunteers who are members of the Manx Transport Trust. Entrance is free but donations are welcome. The museum receives no public funding and relies on donations to aid its running costs
The museum was prepared by a group of volunteers prior to its opening. The museum opened to the public in April 2010 by the then Chairman of Jurby Transport Museum Richard Davisand Chief Minister of the Isle of Man, Tony Brown.
Since the museum opened, there have been over 30,000 visitors.
The museum has varied collection of buses dating from 1927 to 1997. Newer vehicles include two Leyland Olympians and a Dennis Dart. Other common vehicle types at the museum are Leyland Atlanteans – including an ex SELNEC Atlantean with Park Royal body – and an ex Merseyside PTE "Jumbo" Atlantean (1235), three Leyland Titans, two AEC Regent IIIs and a Regent V – the latter being the last double decker ever built by AEC.
The island's first preserved low floor bus – a Dennis Dart SLF with Marshall Capital bodywork – is currently undergoing restoration at the museum.

Jurby Transport Museum8
Jurby Transport Museum7
Jurby Transport Museum5
Jurby Transport Museum6
Jurby Transport Museum2
Jurby Transport Museum
Jurby Transport Museum4
Jurby Transport Museum3
Jurby Transport Museum1

Visit us


hangar 230,

Jurby Industrial Estate,


Isle of Man,


Dewsbury Bus Museum12.jpg

Dewsbury Bus Museum

The Dewsbury Bus Museum is a museum in Ravensthorpe, West Yorkshire, England. Opened to the public in September 1989, it is owned and operated by the West Riding Omnibus Museum Trust, a registered charity, and is run entirely by volunteer effort.

It is home to the only two surviving Guy Wulfrunian double deck buses and several other West Riding Automobile Company vehicles as well as others from Yorkshire Woollen District Transport Co, Yorkshire Traction Company, West Yorkshire PTE, Huddersfield and Halifax Corporations and local independent J. Wood of Mirfield.

Dewsbury Bus Museum11
Dewsbury Bus Museum10
Dewsbury Bus Museum9
Dewsbury Bus Museum6
Dewsbury Bus Museum8
Dewsbury Bus Museum7
Dewsbury Bus Museum5
Dewsbury Bus Museum4
Dewsbury Bus Museum1
Dewsbury Bus Museum3
Dewsbury Bus Museum2
Dewsbury Bus Museum

Visit us


7 - 11 Foundry Street



WF13 3HW


0798 309 5551

This article contains information and photos taken from the operator's website. The aim is to give readers an overview of the events offered by the operator. This article is not an advertisement or sponsored content, but an information resource only.

Oxford Bus Museum5.jpg


The Oxford Bus Museum is a transport museum at Long Hanborough, West Oxfordshire, England, about 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of Witney and 7 miles (11 km) northwest of the city of Oxford. The museum houses a collection of 40 historic buses and coaches, the remains of four horse trams and a replica City of Oxford Tramways Company tram.

The site includes the Morris Motors Museum, which has a collection of 12 Morris Motors cars and vans. The two museums' collections also include many smaller historical artifacts.

The museum is owned and operated by the Oxford Bus Museum Trust, a registered charity

Oxford Bus Museum4
Oxford Bus Museum2
Oxford Bus Museum1
Oxford Bus Museum
Oxford Bus Museum3

Visit us



OX29 8LA

01993 883617

01296 925797

Canvey Island Transport Museum.jpg

Canvey Island Transport Museum

The building that houses the Museum was built in 1934 for the Canvey & District Motor Transport Co. Ltd. and served a series of similar companies before passing to the Eastern National Omnibus Co. Ltd, which used it until 1978.
Castle Point Transport Museum Society then acquired the leasehold of the depot, later purchasing the freehold, and has since assembled a collection of over thirty preserved commercial vehicles, now forming the Canvey Island Transport Museum’s main display.
Visitors can see classic examples from the rapidly vanishing chassis makers like AEC, Bedford, Bristol, Guy, and Leyland, plus legendary body builders like Eastern Coach Works, Duple, Harrington and Massey Brothers.
While many vehicles are fully restored, others are being rebuilt and undergoing maintenance by their owners or groups of members in our workshops or pit area.
Visitors can also see traditional techniques like wood frame construction and aluminium panel beating that are still being used today, despite these being replaced in modern vehicles by pressed steel and shaped fibreglass.
In addition, the Museum has its own impressive, functioning Model Railway layout, plus there's a wide variety of transport artefacts on display. The Museum shop sells die-cast models, souvenirs and other transport related merchandise.

Canvey Island Transport Museum5
Canvey Island Transport Museum4
Canvey Island Transport Museum1
Canvey Island Transport Museum3
Canvey Island Transport Museum2

Visit us



105 Point Road,

Canvey Island



01268 684272

bottom of page