top of page

The cars


Brooklands Museum

The collection of cars and racing cars is located in part of the original Brooklands race track. It was built as the first ever specialized racing circuit in the world in 1907. The last race was held here in 1939. In 2004, part of the circuit was sold to the Mercedes Benz company, which opened a sales and demonstration center including a test track here in 2006. For the purposes of the museum, the original grounds of the racetrack and a part of the well-preserved tilted race track are used.

Motor museum.jpg

British Motor Museum

The collection, now cared for by the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust, was developed in the 1970s when a new division of the British Leyland Motor Corporation (BLMC) was formed to preserve and manage the company's collection of historic vehicles. In 1979, the company became BL Heritage Limited, adopting a new headquarters at Studley, Warwickshire. Two years later, a museum was opened at the London Transport Museum's former home of Syon Park, west of London, where some 100 vehicles from the collection were put on display.


During the early 1980s, closer ties were made with other British motor manufacturers. In 1983, the collection was granted charitable status, and became the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust, and although there were now several manufacturers involved, the collection still carried a large bias towards the former British Leyland companies. Austin-Rover continued as the primary backer of the Trust, and gradually the other companies withdrew their support. Meanwhile, the collection continued to grow.

In the late 1980s, it became evident that larger premises would be required as the collection developed. Several new sites were considered for a purpose built museum. The present location was chosen, on the site of the former RAF Gaydon airfield in South Warwickshire, which was home to the Rover Group's design, technology and testing ground. Plans were drawn up and construction began in 1991 for the new Heritage Motor Centre. Set in 65 acres (260,000 m2) of grounds, the centre brought together all of the Trust's operations for the first time, providing exhibition and storage space for the collection of over 250 vehicles and archive of over 2 million photographs, business records, brochures and drawings. The site also includes conference facilities.

When Rover Group was taken over by BMW in 1994, the British Motor Museum came under their ownership. Six years later, BMW sold the Rover Group, which meant that the Centre changed hands yet again, this time under the ownership of the Ford Motor Company. This latest change of ownership means that the Trust now had the opportunity to expand its collection to include all of the companies that have formed part of Britain's motor manufacturing history.

Following Jaguar's decision to close their Jaguar Daimler Heritage Centre, a small selection of the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Collection has been on display at the Museum.

In November 2015 the Heritage Motor Centre closed for a £1.1 million refurbishment, and reopened on 13 February 2016 under the new name of British Motor Museum

Motor museum5
Motor museum2
Motor museum4
Motor museum1
Motor museum3

Visit us



British Motor Museum
Banbury Road,
CV35 0BJ 

+44 1926 641188

Whitewebbs Museum of Transport.jpeg

Whitewebbs Museum of Transport

The most common phrase used to describe us is ‘a hidden gem’. 

Housed in a Victorian water pumping station built in 1898, we are owned and operated by the Enfield and District Veteran Vehicle Trust, a registered charity, no. 275684. Run by a team of enthusiastic volunteers, we receive no Lottery or Council funding and all proceeds raised go towards the running of the Museum.
The Museum’s vast and eclectic collection of vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles and social history ephemera is housed over 4 floors in the main building and in a range of outbuildings including a purpose-built Fire Station, vehicle hall, autojumble shop, workshops and a stationary engine room.
We also have a 1961 railway carriage housing working model railway displays, hosted by The Enfield Whitewebbs Railway Modellers Club.

Whitewebbs Museum of Transport6
Whitewebbs Museum of Transport4
Whitewebbs Museum of Transport5
Whitewebbs Museum of Transport2
Whitewebbs Museum of Transport1
Whitewebbs Museum of Transport3

Visit us



Whitewebbs Road


020 8367 1898

Wiliam Morris Museum5.jpeg

Morris Motors Museum

The Morris Motors Museum has a collection of 11 cars and one van built by Morris Motors and other Nuffield Organization companies and their successors. They range in age from a 1928 Morris Oxford bullnose to a 1977 BMC Mini. The collection includes also a Z type van and a Nuffield tractor. The collection is displayed in a reconstruction of part of the former factory from Cowley, Oxford.

The museum also commemorates the life of the industrialist and philanthropist William Morris, 1st Viscount Nuffield, who founded the business in 1912, developed it into one of Britain's largest motor vehicle manufacturers and chaired it until its merger with Austin in 1952 to form the British Motor Corporation (BMC)

Wiliam Morris Museum4
Wiliam Morris Museum1
Wiliam Morris Museum
Wiliam Morris Museum3
Wiliam Morris Museum2

The museum is part of the OXFORD BUS MUSEUM. Information for visitors here.


Haynes Motor Museum

Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford near Yeovil in Somerset, England, contains over 400 cars and motorcycles and a collection of other automobilia.

The museum was established in 1985 by John Harold Haynes OBE (1938–2019). It is a registered charity under English law.

The museum also has an outdoor children's play area, Autogame Experience including penny arcade games of the 1950s and 1960s, retro 1980s classics and 1990s favourites such as "Sega Rally".

In April 2014 the Museum completed an extensive £6M redevelopment and now has an entrance foyer and reception area; a large museum shop, a café, conference and hospitality facilities and Haynes Workshop Services. The Museum regularly hosts conferences for organisations outside the motor industry.


Visit us


Haynes Motor Museum, Sparkford,



BA22 7LH


 01963 440804

National Motorcycle Museum.jpeg
National Motorcycle Museum

The National Motorcycle Museum is recognised as the finest and largest British motorcycle museum in the world and originally opened its doors in October 1984 with a collection of 350 motorcycles on display. The Museum owes its formation to the drive and ambition of one man, Mr WR (Roy) Richards. Roy passed away in 2008 but his work continues under the guardianship of Roy’s Widow Christine & Son’s Simon and Nick with The Museum collection now boasting some 1000 plus machines, fully restored to the manufacturers original specifications.

Since opening, this magnificent centre has become the largest motorcycle museum in the world and attracts around 250,000 visitors a year. One of the biggest attractions for many guests is the comprehensive cross-section of British machines, spanning the “60 Glorious Year” of motorcycle manufacturing in this country. The museum’s aim is to preserve these pieces of history for future generations to come, as a reminder of this great nations industry, engineering prowess and work ethic.

At some point over the past 30 years many of the UKs classic bike enthusiasts will have spent an afternoon browsing through the museums halls, and many clubs and organisations having held rallies and events in the grounds. The National Motorcycle Museum has developed into a focal point for the British Motorcycle movement & is conveniently located in the heart of the Midlands Transport Network, with Birmingham  International railway station just a five-minute taxi ride away.

Not only the largest collection of British Motorcycles in the World but The National Motorcycle Museum is also one of the UKs largest conferencing and events facilities. The award winning conference centre has 13 purpose built suites available, including the Wardroom, seating small parties of up to 20 guests, and the Imperial Suite which can host 1000. The Museum also owns  two local hotels, The Manor Hotel at Meriden (home of the old Triumph works) and The Windmill Village Hotel & Spa in Coventry.

National Motorcycle Museum4
National Motorcycle Museum8
National Motorcycle Museum7
National Motorcycle Museum6
National Motorcycle Museum5
National Motorcycle Museum1
National Motorcycle Museum2
National Motorcycle Museum3

Visit us



Coventry Road
West Midlands
B92 0EJ

bottom of page