top of page
Ravenglass8
Lappa valley
Kirklees5
Scarborought1
lauceston3
Hastings_Miniature_Railway1
Hayling
Hampton3
Eastleigh5
Cleethorpes3
Bressingham1
Amberley3

LEISURE RAILWAY

Park or leisure railways were often created as a tourist attraction and to increase the tourist attractiveness of the given locality. Therefore, they often had the support of local authorities.
The track gauge is very diverse. From a few centimeters to 610 millimeters. And track lengths from a few tens of meters to 21 kilometers. The body of a canceled track is often used, when the railway is divided into a space with a tourist trail or cycle path. 
Accurate models of locomotives and cars are a frequent feature. And engine locomotives, but mainly steam locomotives.

Ruislip Lido Railway6.jpeg

Ruislip Lido Railway

The Ruislip Lido Railway is a 12 in (305 mm) gauge miniature railway around Ruislip Lido in Ruislip, 14 miles (22.5 km) north-west of central London. Running from the main station at Woody Bay by the lido's beach, on a 1.02-mile (1.64 km) track around the reservoir, the railway passes through Ruislip Woods to Willow Lawn station and tea room near the lido's car parks. It is the longest 12 in (305 mm) gauge railway in the United Kingdom.
Originally built by the Grand Union Canal Company over a much shorter route, the line has been extended in recent years and now covers over two thirds of the perimeter of the reservoir. It has been operated since 1979 by the Ruislip Lido Railway Society (RLRS).

Ruislip Lido Railway5
Ruislip Lido Railway4
Ruislip Lido Railway1
Ruislip Lido Railway2
Ruislip Lido Railway
Ruislip Lido Railway3

Visit us

Adress

Reservoir Rd,

Ruislip,

Northwood,

Ruislip HA4 7TY

Contact

01895 622595

This article contains information and photos taken from the operator's website, Wikipedia and Google. These sources are listed at the end of the article for further reference. This article aims to provide an overview of the history, services and attractions of the operator.

ROM10.jpeg

Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway

Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, opened in 1927, runs for 13½ miles from the picturesque Cinque Port town of Hythe, through the family-friendly seaside village to Dymchurch, towards the railways headquarters at New Romney and finally reaching the National Nature Reserve of Dungeness.

 

When the Railway first opened it connected with the Southern Railway at three points. Hythe (other end of town), New Romney (across the road) and Dungeness. With the reduction of passenger rail traffic these points eventually closed leaving the "Romney" alone on the Marsh.

The Railway was the brainchild of Captain John E P Howey and Count Louis Zbrowoski both motor racing men who wanted to build a main line in miniature. Sadly before plans got underway Count Zbrowoski was killed racing at Monza in 1924. With the help of Henry Greenly, Howey built what is now the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway.

It is a winner of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence and this world famous steam railway is one of Kent's top attractions

ROM9
ROM10
ROM7
ROM8
ROM6
ROM2
ROM5
ROM4
ROM
ROM3
ROM10

Contact us

Address

Contact

Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway,

 New Romney Station,

 New Romney,

 Kent TN28 8PL

+44(0)1797 362 353

Amerton.jpg

Amerton Railway

The Amerton Railway is a 2 ft (610 mm) narrow gauge heritage railway in the English county of Staffordshire. It is owned by Staffordshire Narrow Gauge Railway Limited, a registered charity, and operated by volunteers.

Construction of the railway started in 1990 in a field at the side of Amerton Working Farm. The first trains ran in 1992, but it was around 10 years later when the railway was completed as a full circle with two passing Loops. The collection of locomotives is primarily focused around locomotives that were either built or operated in Staffordshire.

Amerton5
Amerton1
Amerton3
Amerton2
Amerton4

Visit us

Address

Amerton Railway
Stowe-by-Chartley
No. Weston
Staffordshire
ST18 0LA 

Contact

Operating days a  Fares

+44 1889 271337

Bure valey5.jpg

Bure Valley Railway

The railway runs from Wroxham to Aylsham (9 miles or 14.5 kilometres) and is Norfolk's longest railway of less than standard gauge. It uses both steam and diesel locomotives. There are intermediate halts at Brampton, Buxton and Coltishall. There are 17 bridges, including a 105-foot (32 m)-long girder bridge over the River Bure in Buxton with Lammas, and the Aylsham Bypass Tunnel under the A140 at Aylsham.

Bure valey4
Bure valey1
Bure valey2
Bure valey
Bure valey3

Visit us

Address

Contact

Bure Valley Railway,
Aylsham Station,
Norwich Road,
Aylsham
Norfolk
NR11 6BW 

+44 1263 733858

Cleethorpes5.jpg

Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway

The CCLR began as the Cleethorpes Miniature Railway in 1948, and ran for a distance of 300 yards (270 m) near the sea front in Cleethorpes.The line was relocated and extended the following year, and between 1949 and 1971 ran southwards for 760 yards (690 m) from Cleethorpes Town to Thrunscoe (near the current Discovery Halt).The line was extended at both ends in 1972: the northern terminus was relocated slightly closer to the town centre, while at its southern end it now ran as far as the Zoo.

It became the Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway when it was privatised in 1991,and the new company renamed the termini Kingsway and Witts End. Witts End (located at zoo, which by this time had closed to visitors) was abandoned in 1994, and a new southern terminus was built at Meridian (now Lakeside). A new extension from Lakeside to Humberston North Sea Lane was opened in 2007, lengthening the railway from 1,150 yards (1,050 m) to 2,130 yards (1,950 m).

In the 1960s, the line used battery locomotives. On being regauged in the 1970s, two Rio Grande steam outline locomotives built by Severn Lamb were used. Since being taken into private ownership, a variety of steam and diesel locomotives have been used, followed by petrol-driven engines with a steam outline, though genuine steam locomotives are now in operation. A National Lottery grant enabled the railways supporter association to acquire stock from the long-dismantled Sutton Miniature Railway in Sutton Park, Sutton Coldfield, including Bassett-Lowke Class 10 Little Giant 'Mighty Atom.

Cleethorpes4
Cleethorpes
Cleethorpes2
Cleethorpes1
Cleethorpes3

Visit us

Address

Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway

Lakeside Station

Kings Road

Cleethorpes

North East Lincolnshire

DN35 0AG

Contact

+44 1472 604657

Eastleigh.jpg

Eastleigh Lakeside Steam Railway

Lakeside Country Park is a country park just south of the town of Eastleigh in Hampshire. The park covers 60 acres and is home to the Eastleigh Lakeside Steam Railway.

 

The park is on the site of old gravel workings, with lakes formed from gravel pits. As well as the lakes themselves, the park boasts meadows and some young woodland.

The park is bounded by the Eastleigh urban area to the north, the A335 road to the east, the boundary between Eastleigh and Southampton to the south, and Monks Brook to the west.

A dual gauge 10 1⁄4 in (260 mm) / 7 1⁄4 in (184 mm) light railway was established in the park in 1992, originally as a temporary layout. A more permanent track was laid down in 1993, as the railway company was granted a three-year lease. Five years later, a longer lease was negotiated and construction began on the two stations, Eastleigh Parkway and Monks Brook. They were opened in 1999, although further work on the layout itself was carried out in 2000. A tunnel was added in 2003, and Eastleigh Parkway station was extended in 2005 with the addition of a café and shop.

Eastleigh1
Eastleigh5
Eastleigh2
Eastleigh3
Eastleigh4

Visit us

Address

Lakeside Country Park,

Wide Lane Eastleigh

Contact

+44 (0)23 8061 2020

Kirklees5.jpg

Whistlestop Valley
(Kirklees Light Railway)

Whistlestop Valley, formerly the Kirklees Light Railway, is a visitor attraction featuring a 3+1⁄2-mile (5.6 km) long 15 in (381 mm) gauge minimum gauge railway. The attraction's main site is in the village of Clayton West in Kirklees, West Yorkshire, England which was first opened to the public on 19 October 1991, with a second, smaller site in a rural area near the village of Shelley.

The railway at Whistlestop Valley runs along the trackbed of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway's former branch line, from Clayton West via Skelmanthorpe to Shelley Woodhouse (a few yards close to the former Clayton West Junction 1⁄2 mile (0.8 km), near Shepley) on the Penistone line from Huddersfield to Sheffield via Penistone and Barnsley.

From 1991 to 2021 the attraction was known as the Kirklees Light Railway. In June 2021, the attraction rebranded under the name Whistlestop Valley but retains the name Kirklees Light Railway for its 15 inch railway operation.

Kirklees4
Kirklees
Kirklees1
Kirklees3
Kirklees2

Visit us

Address

Kirklees Light Railway
Mill Way Park
Clayton West
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
HD8 9XJ 

Contact

+44 1484 865727

wells5.jpeg

Wells and Walsingham Light Railway

The Wells and Walsingham Light Railway is a 260 mm (10+1⁄4 in) gauge railway in Norfolk, England, running between the coastal town of Wells-next-the-Sea and the inland village of Walsingham. The railway occupies a four-mile (6.4 km) section of the former Wymondham - Wells branch line, which was gradually closed to passengers from 1964-1969 as part of the Beeching cuts. Other sections of this line further south have also been retained by the Mid-Norfolk Railway.

Despite its miniature size, the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway is a "public railway", meaning that its operation is regulated by an Act of Parliament. The original establishment of the preserved line was authorized by the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway Order 1982, the terms of which were amended by the subsequent Wells and Walsingham Light Railway (Amendment) Order 1994.[1] Before 1982, the 15-inch (381 mm) gauge Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway marketed itself as "The World's Smallest Public Railway", a phrase sometimes quoted by the Wells and Walsingham Light Railway since the 1982 Light Rail Regulations.

wells4
wells3
wells1
wells2
wells

Visit us

Address

Contact

Wells & Walsingham Light Railway

Stiffkey Road

Wells-next-the-Sea

Norfolk

NR23 1QB

+44 1328 711630

Hastings_Miniature_Railway3.jpg

HASTINGS MINIATURE RAILWAY

Hastings Miniature Railway is a 10+1⁄4 inch (260 mm) gauge miniature railway located on the seafront in Hastings, a seaside resort, town and ancient Cinque Port in East Sussex, England. It was opened in 1948 and is still a popular tourist attraction. The line reopened in the summer of 2011 after a period of reconstruction and renewal which involved the forced closure of the eastern section of the line to allow for building work on a new art gallery adjacent to the railway.

Hastings_Miniature_Railway5
Hastings_Miniature_Railway4
Hastings_Miniature_Railway
Hastings_Miniature_Railway2
Hastings_Miniature_Railway1
Hastings_Miniature_Railway3

Visit us

Address

HASTINGS MINIATURE RAILWAY

Rock-a-Nore Rd,

 Hastings 

TN34 3DW 

Operating days and hours of operation

 

  • January - February Half Term - Weekends* 12.00pm - 4.30pm (1 Train)

  • February Half Term - Daily 11.00am - 5.30pm (2 Trains)

  • February Half Term - Easter Holidays - Daily 11.00am - 5.00pm (2 Trains on Weekends)

  • Easter Holidays - Daily 10.00am - 6.30pm (2 Trains)

  • Easter Holidays - May Half Term - Daily 11.00am - 5.00pm (6.00pm weekends)(2 Trains)

  • May Half Term - Daily 10.00am - 6.30pm (2 Trains)

  • May Half Term - Summer Holidays - Daily 10.30am - 6.00pm (2 Trains)

  • Summer Holidays - 10.00am - 8.30pm (2 Trains)

  • Summer Holidays - October Half Term - 11.00am - 5.30pm (5.00pm in October) (2 Trains on weekends)

  • October Half Term - 11.00am - 5.00pm (2 Trains)

  • October Half Term - Christmas Holidays - Weekends* 12.00pm - 4.00pm (1 Train)

  • Christmas Holidays - Daily** 12.00pm - 4.00pm (1 Train)

*Weather Permitting

**Closed Christmas Day and New Years Day

Fare

 

Individual£2.00Return£3.00 5 people ride for the price of 4 people

Rover day tickets(unlimited rides on the day of purchase)

Individual£7.00

Rover family ticket(2 adults + 2 children) £22.00

Perrygrove3.jpg

Perrygrove Railway

The Perrygrove Railway is a privately owned line with a return trip of 1½ miles between 4 different stations, each with paths leading into ancient woods. No charge for extra rides.

Perrygrove is the home of the world's largest collection of historic vehicles from the early days of 15" gauge railways developed by Sir Arthur Heywood.

Disabled visitors are welcome. Outdoor clothes and shoes are needed in the wood.

Operating dates on our website. No need to book in advance except for evening Ghost Trains and at Christmas when Father Christmas actually comes down the chimney to meet children and hand out presents in a magical atmosphere which is unique to Perrygrove

Perrygrove5
Perrygrove4
Perrygrove
Perrygrove1
Perrygrove2

Visit us

Address

Contact

Perrygrove Railway,

 Coleford,

 Gloucestershire

 GL16 8QB.

Scarborought.jpg

Scarborough North Bay Railway

Scarborough North Bay Railway (SNBR) is a ridable miniature railway (also known as a minimum-gauge railway) in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, England. It was built in 1931, to the gauge of 20 in (508 mm), and runs for approximately 7⁄8 mile (1.4 km) between Peasholm Park and Scalby Mills in the North Bay area of the town. The railway attracted approximately 200,000 visitors in the 2014–2015 season, and remains popular with tourists.

The four Diesel-Hydraulic locomotives are of common vintage and were constructed in the same works, Hudswell Clarke in Leeds. The first two belong to Scarborough Borough Council, have operated on the North Bay Railway since construction, and are currently leased to the operating company. The other two locomotives are directly owned by the operating company and were originally built for the railway in Golden Acre Park in Leeds; after that line's closure they were used at Morecambe, Kilverstone and Great Woburn Safari Park. They were moved to the Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway for storage before being relocated to Scarborough in December 2006

Scarborought5
Scarborought4
Scarborought3
Scarborought2
Scarborought1

Visit us

Address

Contact

Scarborough North Bay Railway,

 Peasholm Station,

 Burniston Road,

 Scarborough,

 YO12 6PF

01723 368791

Opening hours

We are open every day from April 1 to November 5.

Trains run at least every 40 minutes from 10:40.

The lakeside attractions are open at weekends and school holidays from 11:00am

Admission and Fares

Train - £5.40 adults, £4.90 children, £3.90 one way, £1.50 dogs.

Skytrail - £10.95 per person.

Water Walkerz - £5.00 per person.

Bumper Boats - £5.00 per person.

Historic water slide - £3.50 per person.

Miniport Boats - £14.00 per boat

Bressingham5.jpg

Bressingham Steam & Gardens

The unique Bressingham Gardens are renowned worldwide for their horticultural excellence. With nearly 20 acres, four linking gardens and 8,000 species they can be a truly tranquil place, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the scenery.

 

Take a trip on one of the four railways at Bressingham, the collection of working locomotives will take you round our magnificent gardens and woodland, or ride on the steam Carousel.

A trip to the locomotive sheds brings the power and the glory of mighty steam engineering up close. The National Dad's Army collection lets you wander through Walmington-on-Sea looking at original props and vehicles from the series, you'd be a stupid boy to miss it!

Whether your passion is Gardens, Steam, Exhibits, Rides or even a mixture of them all, we are confident that Bressingham has something for all

Bressingham4
Bressingham2
Bressingham
Bressingham1
Bressingham3

Visit us

Address

Bressingham Steam & Gardens
Low Road
Bressingham
Diss
Norfolk
IP22 2AA 

Contact

Lappa valley5.jpg

Lappa Valley Steam Railway

In the unique historic setting of the Lappa Valley you will find loads of fun things to do and discover! There are three separate miniature railways running through this oasis of conservation, where wildlife thrives in a protected environment. It's a great place to enjoy peace and quiet away from it all.

The Lappa Valley Railway runs on one of the oldest railway track beds in Cornwall. In 1896 the Cornwall Minerals Railway was taken over by the Great Western Railway and upgraded to carry passenger trains. The line was in use until 1963.

Ten years later, in 1973, Eric Booth bought a section of the old railway line and the story of Lappa Valley Steam Railway began.

The main railway (and only way to get in and out of the main park) is the 15in gauge line. There are also 10¼in and 7¼in gauge lines.

Lappa valley
Lappa valley4
Lappa valley2
Lappa valley1
Lappa valley3

Visit us

Address

Contact

Lappa Valley,

St Newlyn East,

Newquay,

TR8 5LX

Ravenglass8.jpg

Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway

The Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway is a 15 in (381 mm) minimum gauge heritage railway in Cumbria, England. The 7-mile (11.3 km) line runs from Ravenglass to Dalegarth Station near Boot in the valley of Eskdale, in the Lake District. At Ravenglass the line ends at Ravenglass railway station on the Cumbrian Coast Line.
Intermediate stations and halts are at Muncaster Mill, Miteside, Murthwaite, Irton Road, The Green, Fisherground and Beckfoot. The railway is owned by a private company and supported by a preservation society. The oldest locomotive is River Irt, parts of which date from 1894, while the newest is the diesel-hydraulic Douglas Ferreira, built in 2005.
The line is known locally as La'al Ratty and its 3 ft (914 mm) gauge predecessor as Owd Ratty.
Nearby attractions include: the Roman Bath House at Ravenglass; the Hardknott Roman Fort, known to the Romans as Mediobogdum, at the foot of Hardknott Pass; the watermills at Boot and Muncaster; and Muncaster Castle, the home of the Pennington family since 1208.

Ravenglass4
Ravenglass7
Ravenglass5
Ravenglass6
Ravenglass2
Ravenglass3
Ravenglass1
Ravenglass

Visit us

Address

Contact

Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway,
Ravenglass,

Cumbria,

CA18 1SW

Fairbourne Railway6.jpg
Fairbourne Steam Railway

The Fairbourne Railway (Welsh: Rheilffordd y Friog) is a 12+1⁄4 in (311 mm) gauge miniature railway running for 2 miles (3.2 km) from the village of Fairbourne on the Mid-Wales coast, alongside the beach to the end of a peninsula at Barmouth Ferry railway station, where there is a connection with the Barmouth Ferry across the Mawddach estuary to the seaside resort of Barmouth (Welsh: Abermaw).

Fairbourne Railway5
Fairbourne Railway4
Fairbourne Railway
Fairbourne Railway1
Fairbourne Railway3
Fairbourne Railway2

Visit us

Address

Contact

Fairbourne Railway,
Beach Road,
fairbourne,
Gwynedd,
LL38 2EX

+44 (0) 1341 250 362

North Weald & District Miniature Railway.jpeg

North Weald & District Miniature Railway

In 2013, Richard Goulding began planning a miniature railway at North Weald station on the Epping-Ongar railway. However, the plans were not realised. 
In 2015 there was a call from the Epping Ongar Railway Volunteer Society (EORVS) for volunteers to try to revive the project and build and operate a miniature railway somewhere in the EOR area. To this end a new independent group of volunteers was formed, and so the Epping Ongar Miniature Railway Group (EOMRG) was formed and the Stafford locomotive of Richard Goulding who sadly died in 2015 arrived in the North Weald in the summer of 2017.
The Lodge Farm Park Miniature Railway in Romford, where our Stafford used to run, has just completed its track and invited Stafford to the opening ceremony on 29 April 2019. Richards family and friends from the railway took a ride behind the locomotive on the track that Richard helped build. To mark the occasion, we had a set of brass nameplates made for the locomotive, officially naming the locomotive after its former owner "R. J. Goulding".
In April 2019 EOMRG began looking for a potential site for a permanent layout near its home base in the North Weald. We approached a number of potential landowners, including Harlow Garden Centre, which has recently passed into the ownership of Blue Diamond. Blue Diamond were very quick to get back to us and expressed a keen interest in locating us on their land in Harlow. 
Within a month, a plan of the proposed route was submitted to Blue Diamond for approval. It included a two-phase plan. The first phase involves a loop around the main garden area, starting and ending at the terminus. The second phase is a track running south from the station to the boundary line and then west towards the M11 motorway.
In May 2019 we had a very rare opportunity to purchase the entire railway stored in a 40ft container. The Fenn Bell Miniature Railway, this was the line that ran past the zoo in the grounds of the Fenn Bell Inn in Kent. Unfortunately, the line only ran for 18 months. 
The container contained a virtually complete railway including track, signals, wagons, a freight set of three wagons, a partially built petrol hydraulic locomotive and a battery powered locomotive.Over the next few months the line moved out of the track area and around the start of the main line. In July 2019, several locomotives arrived.
Former EOMRG locomotives arrived on site, including the Stafford "R.J Goulding" locomotive and an American Giant battery locomotive known as "Bigfoot". Along with a new addition to the fleet in the form of a private diesel-electric shunting girth locomotive known as 'Jenko'.
In August 2019, the railway opened to the public for the first time. Trains ran along the currently completed sections of track for approximately 300 metres.When the first stage was completed, the railway had a full loop around the Gardens, a journey of just over a quarter of a mile And then the metalloid pandemic hit us and miniature railways across the country ground to a halt. For a good six months there were no trains running at all until we slowly started running trains again, which we opened with a social gap!
By the end of 2021 we were focused on the second phase of the railway. Plans for the extension were reviewed and approved by the Garden Centre and work began in early 2022. A phenomenal effort was made by our amazing team of volunteers who completed the project in a record 6 months! With the expansion, the Garden officially opened to the public at our "Miniatures and Models Festival 2022!".
In the meantime, our locomotive fleet has grown tremendously and the number of locomotives has grown to a strong 10 locomotives of all shapes and sizes! 

North Weald & District Miniature Railway
North Weald & District Miniature Railway
North Weald & District Miniature Railway
DSC_0055
North Weald & District Miniature Railway

Visit us

Address

Contact

North Weald & District Miniature Railway
Harlow Garden Centre
Canes Lane
Harlow 
CM17 9LD
Essex

Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway2.jpeg

Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway

The Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway (LCLR) is a 600 mm narrow gauge heritage railway, approximately 0.75 miles long, situated in Ingoldmells at the award winning Skegness Water Leisure Park on the beautiful Lincolnshire Coast. On  summer operating days you can ride in one of  historic railway carriages, pulled by either one of historic diesel locomotives, or on steam days by Peckett steam locomotive "Jurassic". The diesel locos are based on designs for WW1 trench railways, which later powered transport for agriculture and industry throughout Lincolnshire and the wider world. Steam locomotive "Jurassic" was built in 1903 and spent her working life at a cement works in Southam, near Rugby. Following restoration at the LCLR she returned to steam in mid 2017.

Collection of historic WW1 trench railway vehicles are demonstrated on gala days, and can normally be viewed on operating days. 
Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway6
Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway4
Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway7
Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway5
Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway1
Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway3
Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway

Visit us

Adress

Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway, Skegness Water Leisure Park,     Walls Lane,

Ingoldmells,

Skegness,

PE25 1JF

Conwy-valley-railway-museum-.jpg

Conwy Valley Railway Museum

The Conwy Valley Railway Museum (Welsh: Amgueddfa Rheilffordd Dyffryn Conwy) is located at Betws-y-Coed railway station, Betws-y-Coed, North Wales, on the site of an old railway goods yard.
The museum was first set up in a former standard gauge railway carriage which is now used as a licensed buffet and restaurant carriage. The current museum was built later and contains various railway artefacts.
Other points of interest include a 184 mm (7+1⁄4 in) gauge miniature steam railway that measures 1 mile (1.6 km) in length on the site. The railway is single track and runs around the perimeter of the site. It wraps 180 degrees around the southern part of the site and has a balloon loop at each end, overlapping at the north of the site. The use of several flexible switches allows trains to complete the loop without having to manually rebuild any of the switches. The through loops allow multiple trains to use the loop simultaneously.
A full-size (1:3) one-third electric tramway was also operated at this location on a 0.5 mile (805 m) length of 381 mm (15 in) gauge track. This was one of only two electric tramways in Wales (the other being a short 18 inch (457 mm) gauge electric tramway at Heath Park, Cardiff, owned by the Cardiff Model Engineering Society).

Conwy-valley-railway-museum-5
Conwy-valley-railway-museum-1
Conwy-valley-railway-museum-2
Conwy-valley-railway-museum-3
Conwy-valley-railway-museum-4

Visit us

Adress

Conwy Valley Railway Museum,

Old Goods Yard

Betws-Y-Coed,

Conwy

LL24 0AL

Contact

01690 710568

This article contains information and photos taken from the operator's website, Wikipedia and Google. These sources are listed at the end of the article for further reference. This article aims to provide an overview of the history, services and attractions of the operator.

Leek and Rudyard Railway9.jpg

Leek and Rudyard Railway

The railway runs for 1+1⁄2 miles (2.4 km) on the track bed of an old standard gauge North Staffordshire Railway line. After the NSR line closed down, a small narrow gauge train ran on the site for two years before moving via Suffolk to Trago Mills in Devon. The current line started in 1985 and is 10+1⁄4 in (260 mm) gauge, and operates to a timetable. It was built by John Eastman of Congleton working on his own over a period of ten years. In October 2000, he sold the railway to Rudyard Lake Steam Railway Ltd, who have developed it since that date.
The railway was purchased by the Leek and Rudyard Railway on 18 December 2015. This company owns the assets of the former Isle of Mull Railway and has plans to combine the two railways at Rudyard.
Trains run at weekends and bank holidays from March to November, with more regular services from Easter to October and daily during school holidays.[citation needed] The railway is a member of Britains Great Little Railways and is a member of the Heritage Railway Association.

Leek and Rudyard Railway7
Leek and Rudyard Railway6
Leek and Rudyard Railway8
Leek and Rudyard Railway5
Leek and Rudyard Railway1
Leek and Rudyard Railway4
Leek and Rudyard Railway
Leek and Rudyard Railway2
Leek and Rudyard Railway3

Visit us

Adress

Contact

Rudyard Station,

Rudyard Road,

Rudyard,

leek,

Staffs

ST13 8PF

01538 269948

This article contains information and photos taken from the operator's website, Wikipedia and Google. These sources are listed at the end of the article for further reference. This article aims to provide an overview of the history, services and attractions of the operator.

Exbury Steam Railway6.jpg
Exbury Steam Railway

Exbury Gardens is situated in the village of Exbury, just to the east of Beaulieu, across the river from Buckler's Hard. It is signposted from Beaulieu and from the A326 Southampton to Fawley road in the New Forest. In the summer, the gardens are served by the New Forest Tour open-top bus service.
In the north east corner of the gardens there is also the 12+1⁄4 in (311 mm) gauge Exbury Steam Railway that goes on a journey through a tunnel, around Dragonfly Pond, through the Summer Lane Garden, along the top of the rock gardens and into the American Garden. The railway was built in 2000–2001 as an additional attraction in the gardens. Two narrow gauge style 0-6-2 tender tank locos were built specially for the line by the Exmoor Steam Railway. The railway is a member of Britain's Great Little Railways.

The railway however has proved to be more popular than anyone had anticipated, with trains often needing to be double headed. To solve this problem, a much larger 2-6-2 tender loco, called Marriloo, was built at Exmoor, and entered service on the line in 2008. It is notable for having carried Elizabeth II on a footplate trip round the railway. The railway stages popular Ghost Trains during the October half-term and Santa Steam Specials in the run-up to Christmas.

There’s also a diesel locomotive called Eddy that is used for shunting operations.

Exbury Steam Railway4
Exbury Steam Railway5
Exbury Steam Railway2
Exbury Steam Railway1
Exbury Steam Railway
Exbury Steam Railway3

Visit us

Adress

Exbury,

Southampton,

SO45 1AZ

Contact

+44 (0)23 8089 1203

South Downs Light Railway2.jpg

South Downs Light Railway

The South Downs Light Railway is a 10+1⁄4 inch gauge railway located at Pulborough in West Sussex, England. It operates within the grounds of Pulborough Garden Centre. 
The line opened in 2000 after adjusting the gauge to 10 1/4 inches from 7 1/4 inches. The railway offers an exciting trip through the picturesque Sussex countryside.
Trains run from March to September and are usually hauled by a real coal burning steam locomotice. It's great fun for adults and children alike.
The railway started in 2000 and we have carried many thousands of passengers on a journey of just under one mile.

South Downs Light Railway4
South Downs Light Railway5
South Downs Light Railway1
South Downs Light Railway3
South Downs Light Railway

Visit us

Adress

Contact

South Downs Light Railway 
Stopham Road Station
Pulborough Garden Centre
Pulborough
West Sussex.

RH20 1DS

By phone: 07518 753784
By email: info@south-downs-railway.com

Littlehampton Miniature Railway6.jpg

Littlehampton Miniature Railway

The Littlehampton Miniature Railway runs along the seafront between Norfolk Gardens (Norfolk Road Station) and Mewsbrook Park. The railway is operated by the Littlehampton Heritage Railway Association (LHRA), in association with Arun District Council. The railway is staffed entirely by volunteers, who are all members of the LHRA.

Littlehampton Miniature Railway5
Littlehampton Miniature Railway4
Littlehampton Miniature Railway
Littlehampton Miniature Railway3
Littlehampton Miniature Railway1
Littlehampton Miniature Railway2

Visit us

Adress

Contact

Mewsbrook Park,,

Hendon Avenue,

Littlehampton

BN16 2LX

Beer Heights Light Railway.jpg

Beer Heights Light Railway